APPLICATION SUGGESTIONS - section from Habit 1: Be Proactive _ 7 habits

Words: ...
↓ Down


 The text in your image is the "Application Suggestions" section from Habit 1: Be Proactive in Stephen R. Covey's book The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. These exercises are designed to help you practice being proactive in real life instead of only understanding the concept.

Below is a detailed explanation in both English and Khmer.


Application Suggestions (Habit 1: Be Proactive)

ការអនុវត្តន៍ (ទម្លាប់ទី១៖ ចូរជាមនុស្សដែលចេះធ្វើសកម្មភាពមុន)


1. Listen to Your Language

Original Text

For a full day, listen to your language and to the language of the people around you. How often do you use and hear reactive phrases such as "If only," "I can't," or "I have to"?


English Explanation

For one whole day, pay attention to every word you say and every word people around you say.

The words we use reveal how we think.

Reactive people often believe that outside circumstances control their lives.

Their language reflects this belief.

Examples include:

  • "If only I had more money."

  • "I can't do it."

  • "I have to work."

  • "He makes me angry."

  • "My boss won't let me."

These statements place responsibility on someone or something else.

Proactive people use different language.

Instead of saying:

"I can't."

they say:

"I choose not to."

Instead of:

"I have to."

they say:

"I choose to."

Instead of:

"He makes me angry."

they say:

"I choose how I respond."

This exercise trains you to recognize whether your thinking is reactive or proactive.


ការពន្យល់ជាភាសាខ្មែរ

រយៈពេលពេញមួយថ្ងៃ សូមសង្កេតមើលពាក្យសម្ដីរបស់ខ្លួនឯង និងមនុស្សនៅជុំវិញ។

ពាក្យដែលយើងប្រើ បង្ហាញពីរបៀបគិតរបស់យើង។

មនុស្សដែលមាន Reactive Mindset តែងនិយាយថា

  • បើសិនជា...

  • ខ្ញុំមិនអាច...

  • ខ្ញុំត្រូវតែ...

  • គេធ្វើឱ្យខ្ញុំខឹង...

  • ការងារបង្ខំខ្ញុំ...

ពួកគេផ្ទេរទំនួលខុសត្រូវទៅលើអ្នកដទៃ ឬស្ថានភាព។

ចំណែក Proactive People និយាយថា

  • ខ្ញុំជ្រើសរើសធ្វើ

  • ខ្ញុំអាចរកដំណោះស្រាយ

  • ខ្ញុំគ្រប់គ្រងការឆ្លើយតបរបស់ខ្ញុំបាន

គោលបំណងនៃលំហាត់នេះ គឺឱ្យអ្នកដឹងថា ពាក្យសម្ដីរបស់អ្នកកំពុងបង្ហាញពីផ្នត់គំនិត Reactive ឬ Proactive។


Example

Reactive

❌ I can't finish this project.

Proactive

✅ I need to find another way to finish this project.


2. Visualize a Future Situation

Original Text

Identify an experience you might encounter...


English Explanation

Think about a situation that usually causes you to react emotionally.

Examples:

  • A customer complains.

  • Your boss criticizes you.

  • Someone is rude.

  • Your children don't listen.

  • Traffic jams.

  • A project fails.

Instead of waiting until the event happens, mentally rehearse it.

Imagine:

The situation happens.

You stop.

You breathe.

You think.

You choose your response.

This is called mental rehearsal.

Athletes use it before competitions.

Leaders use it before difficult conversations.

It prepares your brain to respond wisely instead of emotionally.

Remember Covey's famous idea:

Between stimulus and response there is freedom to choose.

The more you practice, the stronger that freedom becomes.


ការពន្យល់ជាភាសាខ្មែរ

គិតពីស្ថានភាពណាមួយដែលអ្នកធ្លាប់មានប្រតិកម្មភ្លាមៗ។

ឧទាហរណ៍

  • អតិថិជនខឹង

  • មេរិះគន់

  • បុគ្គលិកមិនស្តាប់

  • គម្រោងយឺត

  • អ្នកជួបចរាចរណ៍កកស្ទះ

មុនពេលវាកើតឡើង សូមស្រមៃថា

ស្ថានភាពកើតឡើង

អ្នកឈប់បន្តិច

ដកដង្ហើម

គិត

ជ្រើសរើសការឆ្លើយតប

នេះហៅថា

Mental Rehearsal

វាជាការហ្វឹកហាត់ខួរក្បាល មុនពេលជួបព្រឹត្តិការណ៍ពិត។


Circle of Influence

សួរខ្លួនឯង

តើអ្វីដែលខ្ញុំអាចគ្រប់គ្រងបាន?

ឧទាហរណ៍

មិនអាចគ្រប់គ្រង

❌ អាកាសធាតុ

❌ អតិថិជន

❌ ទីផ្សារ

អាចគ្រប់គ្រង

✅ ការនិយាយ

✅ អាកប្បកិរិយា

✅ ការសម្រេចចិត្ត


Example

Construction Project

Reactive

"The client is impossible."

Proactive

"I cannot control the client, but I can prepare better communication."


3. Solve a Problem Inside Your Circle of Influence

Original Text

Select a problem...


English Explanation

Choose one problem that frustrates you.

Ask yourself:

Can I control it?

Covey divides problems into three types.

A. Direct Control Problems

Problems involving yourself.

Example

  • Bad habits

  • Laziness

  • Poor planning

Solution

Change yourself.


B. Indirect Control Problems

Problems involving other people.

Example

  • Difficult employee

  • Difficult client

  • Family disagreement

Solution

Improve communication.

Influence others.

Build trust.


C. No Control Problems

Things you cannot change.

Example

  • Economy

  • Government policy

  • Weather

  • Past mistakes

Solution

Accept reality.

Focus on your response.


Then ask:

What is the first action I can take today?

Don't wait.

Take action immediately.


ការពន្យល់ជាភាសាខ្មែរ

ជ្រើសរើសបញ្ហាមួយដែលកំពុងធ្វើឱ្យអ្នកពិបាកចិត្ត។

បន្ទាប់មកសួរខ្លួនឯង

"តើវាជាបញ្ហាប្រភេទណា?"


១. Direct Control

បញ្ហាដែលអ្នកគ្រប់គ្រងបានដោយខ្លួនឯង

ដូចជា

  • មកយឺត

  • ខ្ជិល

  • មិនរៀបចំផែនការ

ដំណោះស្រាយ

កែប្រែខ្លួនឯង។


២. Indirect Control

បញ្ហាជាមួយមនុស្សផ្សេង

ដូចជា

  • បុគ្គលិក

  • អតិថិជន

  • ដៃគូ

ដំណោះស្រាយ

  • ទំនាក់ទំនងល្អ

  • បង្កើតទំនុកចិត្ត

  • ប្រើឥទ្ធិពល


៣. No Control

បញ្ហាដែលអ្នកមិនអាចបញ្ជាបាន

ដូចជា

  • ភ្លៀង

  • សេដ្ឋកិច្ច

  • តម្លៃសម្ភារៈ

  • អតីតកាល

ដំណោះស្រាយ

ទទួលយកវា ហើយផ្តោតលើអ្វីដែលអ្នកអាចធ្វើបាន។


Construction Example

Problem

The price of steel increases.

Reactive

"We're doomed."

Proactive

  • Update the budget.

  • Inform the client.

  • Find alternative suppliers.

  • Reduce waste.


4. Take the 30-Day Proactivity Challenge

Original Text

Try the thirty-day test of proactivity.


English Explanation

For the next 30 days:

Every day choose to respond proactively.

Whenever something difficult happens:

Don't blame.

Don't complain.

Don't make excuses.

Instead:

Pause.

Think.

Choose.

Act.

At the end of each day ask:

  • Did I complain today?

  • Did I blame someone?

  • Did I focus on my Circle of Concern?

  • Did I work inside my Circle of Influence?

Over time you will notice:

  • More confidence

  • Better decisions

  • Better relationships

  • Less stress

  • Greater influence

Your Circle of Influence gradually expands because people trust proactive individuals.


ការពន្យល់ជាភាសាខ្មែរ

ក្នុងរយៈពេល ៣០ ថ្ងៃ សូមសាកល្បងរស់នៅជាមនុស្ស Proactive

រាល់ពេលមានបញ្ហា

កុំ

❌ បន្ទោស

❌ ត្អូញត្អែរ

❌ រកលេស

ជំនួសវិញ

✅ ឈប់បន្តិច

✅ គិត

✅ ជ្រើសរើស

✅ ធ្វើសកម្មភាព

រៀងរាល់ល្ងាច សួរខ្លួនឯង

  • ថ្ងៃនេះខ្ញុំបានត្អូញត្អែរឬទេ?

  • ខ្ញុំបានបន្ទោសអ្នកដទៃឬទេ?

  • ខ្ញុំផ្តោតលើអ្វីដែលខ្ញុំអាចគ្រប់គ្រងបានឬទេ?

  • តើខ្ញុំបានធ្វើសកម្មភាពមួយដើម្បីដោះស្រាយបញ្ហាឬនៅ?


Summary Table

Application SuggestionEnglish Meaningអត្ថន័យជាភាសាខ្មែរ
1. Listen to Your LanguageObserve your words to identify reactive thinking.សង្កេតពាក្យសម្ដីរបស់ខ្លួន ដើម្បីដឹងថាកំពុងគិតបែប Reactive ឬ Proactive។
2. Visualize a Future SituationMentally rehearse a proactive response before a challenging event.ស្រមៃទុកជាមុនពីស្ថានភាពពិបាក ហើយហ្វឹកហាត់ឆ្លើយតបដោយស្ងប់ស្ងាត់ និងមានគោលបំណង។
3. Solve a Problem Within Your Circle of InfluenceFocus on the first action you can control instead of worrying about everything.កំណត់ប្រភេទបញ្ហា ហើយចាប់ផ្តើមពីសកម្មភាពដំបូងដែលអ្នកអាចគ្រប់គ្រងបាន។
4. Take the 30-Day Proactivity ChallengePractice proactive choices every day until they become a habit.អនុវត្តការជ្រើសរើសឆ្លើយតបដោយ Proactive ជារៀងរាល់ថ្ងៃរយៈពេល ៣០ ថ្ងៃ ដើម្បីបង្កើតជាទម្លាប់។

Key Takeaway (English & Khmer)

English:
These four application suggestions move Habit 1 from theory into daily practice. By observing your language, rehearsing better responses, acting within your Circle of Influence, and consistently practicing for 30 days, you gradually build the habit of being proactive. The goal is not to control everything around you, but to consistently control your own choices and responses.

ខ្មែរ:
លំហាត់ទាំង ៤ នេះ គឺជាវិធីអនុវត្តជាក់ស្តែងនៃ ទម្លាប់ទី១៖ Be Proactive។ តាមរយៈការសង្កេតពាក្យសម្ដីរបស់ខ្លួន ការហ្វឹកហាត់ឆ្លើយតបជាមុន ការផ្តោតលើ Circle of Influence និងការអនុវត្តជាប់លាប់រយៈពេល ៣០ ថ្ងៃ អ្នកនឹងអភិវឌ្ឍផ្នត់គំនិត និងទម្លាប់ដែលជ្រើសរើសសកម្មភាពដោយមានការទទួលខុសត្រូវ។ គោលដៅមិនមែនគ្រប់គ្រងអ្វីៗទាំងអស់នៅជុំវិញអ្នកទេ ប៉ុន្តែគឺ គ្រប់គ្រងជម្រើស និងការឆ្លើយតបរបស់ខ្លួនឯង

Previous Post Next Post
🕒
Color
Font
19
Content
Outline Data
Outline Level
```html ```